I. Camps in Eravikulam National Park
Kerala Forest and Wildlife Department is conducting nature camps in the Eravikulam National Park for the students of government recognized educational institutions and NGO’s. Free accommodation and vegetarian food will be provided.
The objectives of the nature camp includes:
- To educate the awareness about nature and wildlife awareness needs among various strata of people especially students
- To educate the issues of environment degradation and the need for efforts /steps to be taken regarding the preservation of our environment.
- To give a natural and practical experience of nature and its nature’s magic.
- To educate young generation about the conservation history of Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary including the struggle for conservation and finally the present stage of buffer declaration.
II. General guidelines and instruction
- Application and self declaration form is sent in prescribed format to concern office through the head of the institution concerned.
- Only one camp will be allowed throughout the sanctuary /National Park’s/ Other Protected area during a financial year.
- A self declaration should be produced along with the application stating that “ No camps is availed in any sanctuary /National Park’s/ Other Protected area during the financial year
- If the school/institutions/organisation found guilty of applying or availing more than one camp in another sanctuary /National Park’s/ Other Protected area during a financial year they may be black listed and no camps will be allowed in sanctuary /National Park’s/ Other Protected area in kerala in future
- Preference will be given to the institutions from the adjoining areas /Panchayath jurisdiction/ District.
- The locations for the camps within the division are to be decided by the Wildlife Warden.
- The ideal number of participants in a camp is 35 including accompanying staff.
- Duration of camps will be 2 days.
- Simple, hygienic vegetarian foods is served for nature camp participants
- Nature camp is for awareness nature and education not to any amusement.
- Participants are requested to wear sub-dued colour clothes and not to carry plastic wrapped food items, Poly bags, musical instruments and valuable items
- Match boxes and other inflammables are not allowed in the Wildlife Sanctuary
- Instructions by the park authority should be strictly followed. Failing to which the person/institution/organisation is be expelled from the camp and not to eligible for availing camps in future in Munnar Wildlife Division.
III. Who can apply?
TO WHOM THE APPLICATION BE SENT
GOVERNMENT RECOGINZED EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS,(government /aided/self financing /un aided)
THE WILDLIFE WARDEN,
LOCAL CLUBS AND OTHER ORGANAISATIONS
THE CHIEF CONSERVATOR OF FORESTS (WL),
FOREST HEAD QUARTERS,
(Application is sent well in advance, preferably one month before the proposed date)
NATURE CAMPS FOR OTHER CATEGORIES (OTHER THAN LOCAL)
THE CHIEF WILDLIFE WARDEN,
(Application is sent well in advance, preferably two month before the proposed date)
VI. How to apply:
The application form should reach to the concern offices in prescribed form(Annexure I) along with the self declaration form.
The application received not in the prescribed form will not be considered for the camp.
Details regarding the availability of nature camps other logistics may be enquired from:
THE WILDLIFE WARDEN,
Phone No. 04865 – 231587